Saturday, August 14, 2010

A New Semester

Well, I have officially kicked off the start of year five at Louisiana College as the Director of Residence Life. I have the gray as proof that position isn't always easy, but it's a fun job and there is never a dull moment.

I've been missing in action on my blog for the last two weeks because I have been in training all day, every day with my 2010-2011 staff. The first week of training was with my head advisor staff...I love them to death! We had a lot of fun and got a lot accomplished in a weeks time. Here they are...

Hayden, Myra, Lizzie, Sara, Cory, Brian and KB

The second week has been spent in training with the rest of the RAs. By far the best staff I have ever worked with...I love them! I'm looking forward to an amazing year serving along side them. Here are just a few pics from our week of training...as you can see we played as much as we worked.



the head advisors making their giant clock that chimed "ode to joy"


one of the groups completing the "magic carpet" initiative at Dry Creek


this group was completing the "mohawk walk" initiative with a twist


playing the newly wed game...here are the cheaters..
I mean the winners, "the Terrells"


this is Lee Jones at our "white trash holiday party"

It's been a great week! Move In Day is tomorrow and we are busting at the seams with freshmen! I'm looking forward to a great year with a great staff!

No comments:

FRIENDS