Monday, August 30, 2010

Too Much Fun For WEEK ONE

Well I have fallen off the face of my blogging world because it has been one crazy semester! The Lord brought me out of a spiritual drought at the right time. Had I started any other semester the way this one has started I might would have been committed to the looney ben. During RA training we had to move an entire wing of beds from Cottingham (the women's dorm) to Tudor Hall (the men's dorm) in order to make bunk beds and sleep three freshmen to a room. We are definitely experiencing some growing pains at LC. We have the largest freshmen class in the history of the college and no where to sleep these guys. For now they are sleeping three to a room and most of them aren't too happy about it. I'm so thankful for my RA staff who make the big bed move like champs!

About the time that phone calls stopped coming in from upset moms about the Tudor Hall situation...the dam broke in CDA. The very first day of classes I was having lunch with a friend and came back on campus to find fire trucks at CDA and the building was flooded by the fire sprinkler system. Really?!?! First day of class and this is how it starts? I quickly sent out an SOS and my RAs came running to move 45 girls out of the building. For two days we moved girls, their stuff and all the beds from CDA to the empty wing on Cottingham. Needless to say the phone starting ringing off the hook again with upset parents wanting to know what the plan was. Every time the phone rang I just had to chuckle because I have yet to find an instruction manual in my office that says, "if a dorm floods do this, this and then this." We are just taking it one day at a time and trying to keep girls happy.

To say it's been a crazy semester is an understatement but here's to hoping for an uneventful Monday starting off week two.

No comments:

FRIENDS