Sunday, September 12, 2010

What a weekend....

This Saturday was our first home game of the season. The atmosphere on campus was simply electric. Residence Life hosted a tailgate party complete with an inflatable water slide, games, prizes and yours truly grilled about 1000 hotdogs. In fact when I got to the game I smelled like a walking hotdog and there was nothing flattering about that. Even though the game started at 6:00pm it was still in the 90's at kickoff and even after the game. Gotta love Louisiana weather! Here is a picture of Noah "enjoying" his first Wildcat football game.

Poor little guy was all dressed up in his Wildcat jersey but got way too hot. As soon as Amy took his clothes off he fell asleep. What a fan!

Unfortunately our Wildcats are now 0-2. We lost last week to Belhaven on the road and lost to Huntington College last night in overtime. It was such an amazing game...the Wildcats were trailing going into the half and made an incredible comeback to tie the game and go ahead in the 2nd half. Huntington tied the game in the last few minutes to send the game into overtime. Our defense just struggled to hold them and we lost 62-56...what a heartbreaking game. I have never been so proud of those guys as I was last night. They played with heart, determination and grit to the bitter end!! Keep your head up boys and get ready for Mississippi College in two weeks on the road.

In other exciting news this weekend I learned a valuable lesson. It's dangerous to cuddle too closely with a 70lb boxer who startles easily. I was taking my normal Sunday afternoon nap and was cuddled up with ole Matti and apparently went to snuggle with her a little closer or something and scared her in her sleep. Result....Matti's noggin to my cheek bone = one heck of a headache, a bruised cheek bone and the start of a black eye. Good thing I'm not married or people would think I was getting beat up at home. Check out the start of my shiner...


It certainly wasn't a boring weekend...that's for sure!

No comments:

FRIENDS