Monday, November 8, 2010

Back from a week in Paradise

Well I am sitting at my desk on Monday morning eating an apple, drinking water and trying to figure out why my desk is swaying. Diet and workout begin today and vacation is officially over. We had a blast on our cruise though. I enjoyed getting to hang out with friends outside the office and I always love vacationing with my pops. I got to do some amazing snokeling in Jamaica with Eric and Lauren....then I got to swim with the sting rays in Grand Cayman. I won't lie that was a little unnerving to me at first but once I got used to them I love it. They are like big babies...they love being held and petted and fed. Our tour guide was fabulous and made our trip unforgetable. He was explaining to us the differences between male and female sting ray. The females are really large and the males are really small. As he was showing us a male and female side by side he said "now this is the joke portion of my tour....if I died and came back as anything I would want to be a male sting ray for two reasons. The ratio is 1 to 8, male to female so the odds are in my favor. The second reason is this (as he pulls up to things from the back of the sting ray)...I call this one Oscar and this one Myer" (and then he proceeds to laugh). Who knew male sting rays were so well endowed.
Our last day in Cozumel was a bust. We went to an all inclusive result to spend the day on the beach only the waves were too rough for us to snorkel or get in the water...the "mexican buffet" was terrible and because of the weather I couldn't parasail, which I had my heart set on doing.

Regardless of our last day in Cozumel and a cold, rocky day on the boat the last day headed home....we had an amazing time. Pictures to come but for now here is a picture of me and the sting ray I got to hold and kiss on.

No comments:

FRIENDS