Saturday, January 24, 2009

They Never Knew What Hit Em

Eric, Brandon and I are in Abilene, Texas with seven of our LC student leaders. Every year a school from Texas will host the conference called CASL (Christian Association of Student Leaders). We bring students from residence life, union board, BCM, welcome week and so on to participate in the conference. There is usually a great speaker and band for the weekend as well as the opportunity to go to round tables and get ideas from other schools. This is my 3rd year...LC's 4th year to participate and even though we come the farthest distance and are the only non-Texas school it is well worth our time.

This year Hardin Simmons University is hosting so they are responsible for all the programming. They asked each school to pick a holiday to represent for the Friday night event. Since we are the only school for Louisiana it was only fitting we honor MARDI GRAS. We made a cardboard float and all decked out with beads and masks and garland. We had some entrance music and lots of beads to throw....they never knew what hit em!! We had to make a commercial for a competition so hopefully we will win the prize..I'll keep you posted.

One of the many highlights of the conference was the lady who was paid to come and do "butt sketches". Yes, thats right. Eric, Brandon and I got a butt sketch done and as soon as I get home I will get a picture of that lovely piece of art and get it posted for you all to enjoy. She is a good woman....she gave me the butt I've always wanted instead of the butt I have. LOVE HER FOR THAT!

No comments:

FRIENDS