Monday, March 1, 2010

Let it Snow!

So February 12, 2010 was a day for the history books...the only day in history where there was recorded snow on the ground in all 50 states from the peaks of mountains/volcanoes of Hawaii to the panhandle of Florida. On Thursday afternoon the announcement was made that classes for Friday were cancelled at Louisiana College and I just chuckled to myself as I went home and settled in for a Criminal Minds marathon extravaganza. We already had Monday and Tuesday off for Mardi Gras so this was going to be quite an amazing vacation now that Friday was a free day as well. I was scheduled to speak at a Girl's Purity Conference in Jennings, LA that weekend so I had not stocked up on groceries for the weekend. I honestly thought there was no way we were actually going to get snow...AND THEN IT BEGAN. I got out my new camera because I am always looking for something to take pictures of and began trying to be artsy with the snow falling. Nothing impressive so I closed the door and settled back into the couch. Less than an 30 minutes later the yard was covered completely and my neighbors were out playing and then the picture taking adventure really began. Before I knew it I had taken hundreds of pictures of LC's campus blanketed in snow that night and the following morning. Here are just a few of my favorites. Luckily it didn't stay for long or I would have been one hungry camper stuck in apartment 403 with no groceries but man was it beautiful!









No comments:

FRIENDS