Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday~Resurrection Day

I love Easter! I feel like everything comes to life and rejoices....as it should. Today marks the day that our lives and our futures were forever changed. Jesus Christ took the full wrath of God in our place...endured a shameful/painful death and then defeated death so that we could be made right with God and live forever in His presence. Praise the Lord for Resurrection Sunday.

When I was a teenager I always chuckled when we sang this song on Easter...the music just always seemed corny to me, but as I have gotten older it has become one of my favorites. In fact Easter doesn't seem complete if I have not heard it or sung it.I actually woke on Friday morning and started singing it as I thought about all that Friday stood for. What song you may ask? Well here are the lyrics and if you got to sing it in church this morning know that I am jealous!

Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior.
Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord.

Up from the grave he arose!
With a mighty triumph o'er his foes.
He arose a victor from the dark domain and he lives forever with the saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior.
Vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord.

Up from the grave he arose!
With a mighty triumph o'er his foes.
He arose a victor from the dark domain and he lives forever with the saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Death cannot keeps it's prey, Jesus my Savior.
He tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord.

Up from the grave he arose!
With a mighty triumph o'er his foes.
He arose a victor from the dark domain and he lives forever with the saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!


So thankful for this day and getting to spend it with my Pineville family...the Chandlers. Last year we were celebrating and awaiting Noah Lee's arrival. It was fun to have him around this year and I'm looking forward to next year when he is walking and we can hunt easter eggs.




1 comment:

Whitney said...

Ok that is so funny that you mentioned that song, I had totally forgotten about it! In the church that I grew up in we sang that one quite a bit. It would start out really slow and everyone sang in a low voice and then when it got to the part that said, "up from the grave he arose" everyone got really loud and fast...I loved that part!! WOW that brings back some memories!

FRIENDS