Sunday, April 10, 2011

off the grid

Well the world traveler is back at it again. I am leaving in a few short hours for a work trip to Lagos, Nigeria. I will be out of the country for the next ten days and would covet your prayers. I haven't fully recovered from my Uganda trip so the thought of days of international travel and adjusting to different time zones seem quite daunting. I know this trip was God ordained and so I will trust him and his sufficiency. In all honesty, once the travel part is done our time in Nigeria will be at a much slower pace and I will probably get more rest by being away. THANK YOU LORD. The purpose of this trip is to recruit international students to attend Louisiana College. We have a large number of international students coming from China in the fall and so we hope to balance out those numbers with my personal favorites...Africans. Here's hoping for a successful trip, rest and just enjoying a different part of Africa...even though my heart resides in Northern Uganda.

*pray for safe travels
*pray for rest
*pray that I don't come back to the same chaos I did three weeks ago after returning from Uganda
*pray for my Matti girl...she's already pouting now that she's seen the luggage out
*pray for safety while we are there
*pray for God ordained conversations with potential students
*pray for my assistant, Alana, as she holds down the office in my absence

see you soon!

No comments:

FRIENDS