Thursday, April 28, 2011

quirky...

So today I did probably one of the most quirky things I have ever done...and well, that's saying a lot coming from me. I had a hectic day at work with a computer that is crashing from viruses that were probably contracted from Nigeria. I grow to dislike that place a little more every day. Not only did my stuff get stolen from my bag, but my straightner burned up and didn't realize it until Easter morning and now my office computer is dying. I spent most of the morning trying to save documents to a hard drive in case it can't be salvaged. It's also just a busy time of year doing housing assignments for all returning students and the Board of Trustees are here for two days for meetings. All that to say I was running around all day, non stop, and was ready to leave the office when 5pm rolled around. I knew if I went home I would sink into the couch only to arise for bed at an early time so I decided to pick Matti up and go "out" for a little while. I stopped by our local snow cone stand and got a peach snow cone with cream on top and then drove around looking for an adventure. The local park doesn't allow dogs and the park that does is a little bit of a drive and lets not kid ourselves with gas prices the way they are...I wasn't ready to venture too far. So where did we end up??? A cemetery. Yep! You know you've had a rough day and just might be an introvert when you prefer to hang out with dead people. I just parked the car and walked Matti around the grounds while enjoying my peaches and cream treat. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and will probably make this a routine kind of outing. I realize I am weird but you take what you can get in a small town.

Here's hoping your Thursday was not as hectic or quirky as mine. If you're reading this please join me praying for my home state...ALABAMA...that was ravaged by tornadoes on Wednesday. As I watch the news and see pictures I am heart broken for the people who had to start putting what was left of their lives back together as the sun came up this morning. Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama...Crimson Tide...was all but demolished. I never thought I would see the day where this college rivalry wouldn't matter but today was that day. My prayers are with the students, faculty, staff and all those in the community that won't be back to life as normal for a long time to come. Praise be to God that the casualties were much less than they certainly could have been....and may he be glorified in the midst of this as people come together to help and serve one another. "We will praise you in this storm!"

No comments:

FRIENDS