Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rapunsel...Rapunsel let down your hair

I know that probably sounds like a funny title for a blog coming to you straight from Nigeria but it's all I've got. I need everyone to refer back to my blog entries from a year ago when Angie and I went to audition for the biggest loser and realize that Angie and I always know how to stumble into an adventure. We have been in Nigeria since Monday afternoon around 3:30pm and have spent almost every waking hour in our hotel room locked away from the world. We have joked repeatedly that we wished we didn't both have short hair as we stare out the window dreaming of Rapunsel. Funny thing is that we aren't really sure why we are being kept tucked securely away inside. There doesn't see to be any major threat to our safety. Regardless, if we aren't teaching a seminary or in route to the airport for flights to neighboring states we are sitting in our hotel room. Tonight we are at least fortunate to be in a hotel with running hot water and wireless internet. We've been laying here reminiscing over our last few days and laughing hysterically. The gentlemen we are here with are nice but have been a little smothering. One of them is always with us even when we are just sitting in our room...at times its a little awkward. Fortunately we've had food delivered to our room throughout our stay...some good, some not. Unfortunately the guys we are with have taken the food police role and are monitoring what we eat and when we eat because they want to make sure we are well fed. In fact today we have been force fed twice. There comes a time where you lose the ability to be gracious and kind and just have to put your foot down...today was that day.
I have made myself notes to blog about our experience, including a time log of just how long we've been locked in hotel rooms so more blogs to come.
For now my tylenol PM is kicking in so I am checking out.

More news from Nigeria soon.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness!!! I remember those days when we would be locked in our hotel room from about 4pm until the next morning...it drove me nuts! I'm in AFRICA people, I need to get out and see this place! We couldn't even walk down to the lobby by ourselves...so funny!! I can't imagine having to be in your room all day. Can't wait to hear more stories! I don't know how much longer you're there but if you get a chance ask if they can take you to Ilage.

FRIENDS