Monday, February 13, 2012

small victories

I don't have any witty things to share for Monday's My Way but I do have a small victory to share. As of this weekend I have lost 7lbs since going to the doctor a week ago. Praise the Lord that is 7lbs in the right direction. I know the reality of losing that kind of weight every week isn't possible so I choose to celebrate this victory while I can.

Thank you guys for your encouragement through the process. I have been so blessed by your words of wisdom. The one thing I have heard over and over is that we place no confidence in the flesh but nothing is impossible for God. Amen! Though one of the rewards of this journey is going to be a healthier body the ultimate reward will be seeing God reveal himself to me in truly unique and intimate ways. How awesome is it that the creator of the universe cares enough about me today to help me control what I put into my mouth? More importantly he cares enough about me and others to help me control what comes out of my mouth. As I walk this journey may I see each day as an opportunity to bring glory to his name and not my own.

Here is a message I got this week from a sweet friend that encouraged me so much. I wanted to share it because I don't know where you are today and what battle God wants to help you fight in order for you to know him more....may this message encourage you too!

I pray that the Lord will teach you wonderful things about himself. I pray that in the losing of the pounds there will be a gaining of his soul and spirit like you've never known. I pray that He will be the one who drives you. I pray that when you look at your 200lb self someday that all you can think about is how the Lord worked in you and how he spiritually sculpted you along the way. And that every time someone says, "you look great!" or every time you fit into those cute jeans you think "the Lord is so very good!" because you know how more and more of how He loves you.

I don't think it's going to be easy at all. I think satan's going to get word of this and try to stop you. I think the Lord doesn't work to make our lives easy but to mold us into the person we need to be for him. And many times it's the fire that makes the gold the most pure.


Take time today to enjoy the small victories and give credit where it is due. And if you need a small victory or a big victory in your life let me tell you where the best place to start will be....on your knees. We can't but God can.

No comments:

FRIENDS