Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

Well I've officially finished 2 full weeks of this lifestyle change. I started this journey at 299lbs (man that was tough to write) and after 2 weeks I am down 9lbs. It's been an expensive endeavor because healthy food ain't cheap but well worth it. I'm feeling good and seeing a difference in the way I feel and the way my clothes are fitting. And who knew I'm really loving my morning walks with some great friends.

I went back to the doctor this past week to follow up on my blood pressure and though it had come down a little bit she still put me on a mild medication temporarily. It was funny because she was surprised I came back. She doubted me! She told me I made her day because it was obvious that I got it and was ready to do my part to change. Not going to lie it felt good to know she believed in me. As I was leaving a patient came in short of breath and her heart racing. They took her BP and it was 160/106. Needless to say that's a problem. They told her to call her husband and go to the ER. I totally butted in and offered to take her to the ER and just meet her husband there. It was God ordained...she was 41, overweight, high BP and a history of depression and the Lord was gracious to allow me to see where I could be 6 years from now if I don't stick with this change.

Well only the Lord can get the credit for the discipline he is growing in me right now and I'm so thankful. I am currently on a four day weekend where I could easily undo all that's been accomplished in the last two weeks but I'm taking it one smart choice at a time. So far so good!!

No comments:

FRIENDS