Tuesday, March 27, 2012

something to treasure

This past October we hosted our annual Mom's Weekend event. This is a time honored tradition at Louisiana College that I inherited when I came to LC as the Residence Life Director. When I moved to Student Activities I continued to host Mom's Weekend for my newly hired male co-worker. This year's theme was Steel Magnolia's because it is simply my favorite movie of all time. It was such a great theme for the weekend! And heck...I got to quote the movie all weekend. I am pretty sure that I can quote it from start to finish. ANYWAY...a lady stopped me at the end of the weekend and told me what a great weekend she had and that she knew the author of the play, Robert Harling (Bobby) and that she was going to try to get me an autographed copy of the book.

Months and months have gone by and to be honest I had forgotten about this promise...but Mrs. Ronda showed up in my office today with a signed copy of the movie. I couldn't have been more surprised and I absolutely love it!!



It says, "I hear you are a true steel magnolia! All the best, Bobby Harling"

What a gift....what a great way to start this Tuesday!

No comments:

FRIENDS