Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Well I am feeling very patriotic today as I sit here listening to Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" while donning my red pants and denim shirt. Oh and how can I fail to mention that I have a glow in the dark patriotic tattoo on my face and chest. MERICA! Land of the free and home of the brave.

It's ironic that there was a day where I could carel ess about voting much to the dismay and disapproval of my then roommate and best friend, Jen Youn Rice. Thanks to her scorn I am now an American who not only voted today, but I am hosting an election result party for our students tonight where the room will be decked out with red, white and blue and full of American classic dishes.

I'll not entertain any politcal talk because it is so devisive....which is a shame. I will leave it at this...regardless of who wins this Presidential election today, I am proud to be an American. I have traveled the globe and I blessed beyond measure to be born into a free nation where today I will "want" for nothing. But more importantly, I am glad that my citizenship is in heaven....I am a foreigner to this place because my heart is fitted for a different home. At the end of the day my God is sovereign and is working for my good.

Happy Election Day everyone and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend Andrew Bates!! Love you bud.


No comments:

FRIENDS