Monday, February 25, 2013

Girl's Gettaway 2013

Everyone needs a good group of girl friends who you can run away with for the weekend. Luckily I found mine this weekend. We planned this trip months ago and have been counting down the days until 4:30am Friday morning when we finally hit the road. I can honestly say I haven't laughed that hard in a long time....and that was just the car ride there. So thankful for a weekend away to relax, laugh, indulge in good food and just be.


Tylitha, Mandy, KB and Erin

My one request from the trip was to get some good seafood....specifically I wanted raw oysters and crab legs and was willing to pay whatever market price was for them. Mission accomplished!

I can't even begin to explain just how good this feast was. And just when I thought it couldn't be topped we ventured to LuLu's the next night and found a bread pudding on the dessert menu that was made from krispie kreme donuts. God only knows how many calories that bad boy had in it but it was soooooo good! That shouldn't even be legal.


Even though I fully enjoyed my dining experiences this weekend I didn't completely lose sight of my goal. I did something I have never done on vacation...exercised. I got up Saturday morning and did a 5k on the beach...in the rain I might add. It wasn't my best time by far but I felt quite accomplished. And then...I got up Sunday and did it again. Though I am sure the calories I burned in both walks combined didn't touch that bread pudding, I was proud of myself for putting in the miles.

and I took this pic just to use as a screen saver...I like to call it "motivation"


So thankful for these ladies and for a weekend filled with laughter...


...and though I fully enjoyed a weekend with the ladies I am still hoping and praying for a...

ha ha....couldn't resist sharing that picture and didn't know how to transition to it.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

FRIENDS