Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Taste of the Other Side of Camp

The week I came back from my cruise I got the opportunity to chaperone my church youth group to MFuge at Samford University in Birmingham, AL. After working camp for 8 years it was so weird to be on the other side of camp but I loved it. It was nice to not be responsible for anything going on in the program. My only responsibility was to get to know the youth that I was with. Though I have been attending Kingsville Baptist Church for three years I just recently joined the church and didnt know very many of the youth that were going to camp. That is part of the joy of camp...you get to know everyone really well, really quickly. I had a blast with our group and feel connected with KBC more now than I ever have.

I also have to admit that after working 8 years of Centrifuge I fell in love with MFuge. I loved going to our mission site every day. I was in the children's track so I got to play with precious black children doing backyard bible clubs every day. On our last day we went to a nursing home which was a challenge but even that was an absolute blessing. I got to spend the afternoon with an 85 year old lady named Mrs. Faye who challenged me in my faith more than I have ever been challenged.

Some of the highlights of my week of camp: adult bible study was amazing, hanging out with the GOLDEN GIRLS (the other lady chaperones), painting up for MEGA not once but twice, getting to play with Reese every day at site, getting payback on Katie P and Joni after they rolled my room, and getting to know the KBC youth!!






No comments:

FRIENDS