Friday, February 11, 2011

support letter


Dear Friends and Family,
I pray this letter finds you doing well, especially for those of you I never get to see. I write because I have great news and another exciting opportunity. Many of you received a letter from me last year because after 10 years of longing the Lord graciously allowed me to go to Africa. I tried to send everyone a follow up letter of my adventures but to sum up last year’s trip briefly I will use these words…LIFE CHANGING! My heart came alive in Uganda in a way that I cannot explain. After three amazing weeks, I left Uganda knowing I would soon return. The Lord has been working in my heart and changing the plans I had for my future. Eventually I will be serving the Lord for an extended period of time in Northern Uganda. The timeline for that move and the many details of how I will get there are unclear for now. I will keep you posted and ask that you pray alongside me for God’s will to be done in my life. For now I have the amazing opportunity to lead another team of college students to Uganda this summer with International Sports Federation.
With all the planning and preparing for a permanent move to Uganda, the task of raising money for the trip in June 2011 seems like a daunting task. To be honest the Lord is doing quite a work in me with regards to my faith and the reality of do I trust Him to provide for me. With that being said, it’s out of obedience to the Lord that I allow His children (my friends and family) to help me and not try to take the world on by myself. The reason you are receiving this letter is because I need your support in a number of different ways.
• PRAYER---I don’t say that lightly as not to offend anyone or make them feel as though they have to give financially. I genuinely need your prayers as the trip approaches: wisdom to lead this team, a servant’s heart to serve the team and the people we minister to, the finances to get to Uganda, time to prepare while still working full time, for emotional stability as I return to the place my heart loves, etc. I currently have a blog that I would encourage you to read periodically as time for the trip approaches. I will post prayer needs on the blog (www.kbthomas.blogspot.com). You can also send me your email address and I will keep you updated via email (kbthomas@lacollege.edu).
• FINANCIALLY—Yes, it is true, I do need financial support as well. The cost of the trip is $3000. I don’t make the request lightly. I know that all of my friends and family are stretched financially just as I am. Please know that any amount you can give is so appreciated and makes a difference. All donations are tax deductible. You can contribute financially in several different ways: paypal—simply go the www.sportmissions.com and you will find a link for paypal where you will be prompted to enter your contact and payment information. Please make sure you include my name in the information content. Mail—if you prefer snail mail you can simply mail a check to International Sports Federation, PO Box 2788, Acworth, GA 30102 and write my name in the memo line.
Thank you for your constant support in my life and faith journey through the years. I am who I am today because of your influence in my life and getting to walk with you at different seasons…for that I am so thankful. Thank you in advance for your prayers and your financial support.

God Bless,
KB

This is a copy of the support letter I am sending out this week. Not sure why I still, after years and years of doing missions, have trouble asking people for support. In most cases people are thrilled or at least willing to support your going and serving. YET, I struggle to ask all the time. May the Lord continue to teach me how to trust Him to provide!

No comments:

FRIENDS