Thursday, May 26, 2011

Romans 8:28

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose."

I shared last week about that verse and the sermon that I preached to myself all the way home from the movie theater. This week I am writing a four series bible study on that verse. Every June for the last four years I have spoken at Girls Opportunity Camp at Dry Creek and I love it. Most of the girls that attend this camp are from the inner city and have lived a rough life. If you know me at all you know this kind of camp is near and dear to my heart. Next week I will be speaking at that camp once again and I am teaching four sessions on this verse. Here's the breakdown of what I am going to be talking about...

Session One: "And We Know..."
the reason we can know that God works for our good is because it's his nature
We're going to go through a quick overview from the OT to the NT of what each book tells us about God's character

Session Two: "for our good..."
we can trust that God is continuing to work things for our good because of the good works he has already done....the work of salvation and the gift of his spirit
*worry not I am not going to get all charismatic on them but the Holy Spirit dwells in us for our good

Session Three: "for those who love God"
we are going to talk about how we practically love God on a daily basis

Session Four: "for those called according to his purpose"
we are going to spend the last session talking about what God's purpose is for our lives....not what we want to be when we grow up, but what are we created for

So I share that little bit to say if you read this pray for me. I am certainly loving the writing process of this bible study and I know it's already speaking volumes to me. I pray it meets each of these girls where they are and shows them they have a bright future ahead if they will walk with the Lord.

1 comment:

FRIENDS