Wednesday, December 7, 2011

the makeovers continue...

For those of you who know me well or have been through multiple season you know how much I love change...the kind I can control. The two things that get changed the most are the arrangment of my apartment and my hair (cut and/or color). Well in the last month I've done both.

Here is my new haircut and color...with bangs. I never get bangs but I've actually enjoyed them so far. The picture at the top of my blog was just taken recently with the new do. This picture was the night I got my hair cut. I am not sure what I am going to do without Alana when she graduates. She has cut my hair for 6 years now and always does my hair and make up for big events.


I'm not the only one who got a makeover. My dad and sister came up/over to Pineville for the week of Thanksgiving to help me with some projects around the house. It was great having help and company and REALLY nice not having to make the 8 hours drive to Alabama. While they were here my sister, Teri, got a makeover of her own. I come from an accident prone family but usually my dad and I are the ones who get hurt. Considering we were the only ones doing manual labor that week it really is shocking that Teri got hurt but well....


on Thanksgiving morning she fell in the shower and hit her face on the sink. By the end of the night she had a pretty good shiner. The crazy thing is my dad and I were busy working on projects that morning so we were coming in and out of the apartment and never heard her fall or call for help. Needless to say she wasn't very chipper the rest of the day and we got strange and even dirty looks from people the next day when we were out and about. I guess everyone assummed my dad was beating us.

Teri and I weren't the only ones getting new looks. My apartment has pretty much been flipped in the last month. New kitchen remodel, new bathroom tile floors, new laminate floors...my apartment has never looked so good. Here are some pics of the new features in the 403.

the bathrooms



the kitchen



we actually painted the countertops to look like marble/granite and it turned out so well for so cheap! The cabinets got a fresh coat of paint and some new hardware to dress it up a little. I love the new baskets that we added under the cabinet to hold my spices which freed up a shelf for coffee mugs and then we added another shelf to hold the rest of my mugs. It's crazy how just adding a piece of crown molding around the cabinets made a world of difference.

AND MY FAVORITE PROJECT SO FAR....
My dad hooked up my portable dishwasher permanently to the water under the sink so I don't have to hook it to the kitchen sink. I love my pops! He's a handy man and so is Cory...I got a whole new apartment for ZERO $ in labor charges. Thank you both!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Dude!!! I am so jealous of your new digs! Ok, especially those countertops...I need details! I had done some research a while ago about possibly painting ours because no way are we going to pay to put new ones in. But it looked a little beyond my skill level...so do tell. Seriously our counters need major help! I love everything else too. We laid laminate in our kitchen and one of our bathrooms and I LOVE IT! Super easy to clean and it just looks great. How I love a good home makeover!

Whitney said...

I forgot to comment on the hair! Love it!

FRIENDS