Wednesday, September 19, 2012

God is doing BIG things!

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of weeks. When I have an absence from blogging one of two things is going on #1 absolutely NOTHING or #2 a whole lot! This time around it's #2.

My friend SaraBeth Fentress....the founder of 127 Worldwide was in town visiting for a few days. SB and I met back in 2000 at Southwestern Seminary and have been kindred spirits and dear friends ever since. We've been blessed to travel the globe together and share a love for all things Africa. SB is the one who got me on my first trip to Uganda and as you see the rest is history. SB came in town because one of my teammates this summer had helped raise money for a well with the help of his church. When we got back two months ago Andrew was sharing with his church about the trip and someone asked what the greatest need was at Acres of Hope. Without hesitating Andrew responded "clean water"...these people need a well. Almost as quickly as he answered his pastor spoke up and said that the church was committing to fund a well project! Praise the Lord! Two months later SaraBeth came to share with the church about Acres of Hope and 127WW and was presented with a check for over $10,000 to build a well. Again, PRAISE THE LORD!

Who knew three years ago when SB asked me to lead a team that we would be here....Acres of Hope standing with children living there and a school in session...a non-profit organization that the Lord is blessing and both of us in a process of adopting daughters. God is so good and I am blessed to call SB my friend. Here's a pic from this weekend...we get asked all the time if we are sisters.


In other news....just in time for Aunt SB to come visit...I got Daizy's room finished! I just have a few small things to do on the walls but for the most part it is complete and ready for her to come home.



And last but not least....shirts are here and going out like crazy. I decided I wanted to do a collage for Daizy's room of all the people who bought shirts to help get her home. I've been asking people to send me pics of them in their shirts and have gotten a wonderful response. I've sold almost 300 in a week and shirts are in about 10 states in the US! Daizy is one loved little girl already. I had several people tell me I needed to take a picture of Matti in a Daizy shirt so I did. Here's hoping Matti loves Daizy more than she loved wearing this shirt.

If you bought a shirt send me a pic! And if you have a shirt this Friday is a perfect day to wear it and remember to pray for us...I have my first home study interview this Friday at 10am. Yay!

No comments:

FRIENDS