Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hair Evolution

So there is one thing that I couldn't really prepare for until I got here.
Daizy's hair.
Let's just be honest....I know nothing...correction...I knew nothing about black hair. There is a great website called "Chocolate Hair Vanilla Care" for moms like me. White ladies raising black babies. But until you can get your hands in that kinky curly hair it's just all theory. And let me tell you...the only similarity is has with white people hair is that it's located on top of our head. And then the similarities stop.

So here is what I have learned so far...
*you only wash chocolate hair once a week....sometimes only once a month
*you always wet the hair before combing it
*once the hair is styled DO NOT TOUCH IT
*when you're weave (hair extensions) itch you must pat your head...DO NOT SCRATCH
*when you hear the term "co-wash" it means that you wash the hair with conditioner
*chocolate hair can change drastically in a matter of hours

There is so much I still have to learn about products, combing, washing, styling but I figure I have years to get this down. In the meantime I have many friends with experience.

Here is just a glimpse at our hair evolution over the last 14 weeks in chronological order.


Let's just be honest....this girl can rock any hairstyle. We recently cut it all off to get it healthy again. It had been chemically straightened while we were still in Nebbi so we wanted to get a fresh start. I love her short hair and it has made my mornings so much easier.

Stay tuned....I am sure there are many new hairstyles to come.

No comments:

FRIENDS