Wednesday, December 17, 2008

City of Lights




Tucked away in the state of Louisiana is a city called Natchitoches. You may recognize this place from one of my favorite movies of all times...STEEL MAGNOLIAS. Natchitoches is known for its Christmas Festival which was featured in the movie when Arnell said, "no body move, I lost my contact!" The festival runs every weekend in December. Vendors line the Cane River selling gator on a stick, chicken fingers, meat pies, funnel cakes, etc. The river bank and all of downtown is decked out with lights. Its a quaint little place. On Friday and Saturday nights they have a fire work show. Last year was my first experience at the Christmas Festival so I insisted that Elizabeth and I take this kids this year. We had a great time walking around, eating and watching the firework display. Bailey was a little frightened at first but she got used to the loud noises and enjoyed all the pretty colors. It's been a great tradition that will carry on if for no other reason because I love gator on a stick and its one of the few times a year I can get it. The lights are great too though!

No comments:

FRIENDS