Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Kid in Us All



So I truly believe that Christmas brings out the kid in us all. Obviously some more than others. I am the only one in my family who still begs to open present early. In fact when I roll into town for the holidays I inspect all the presents under the tree to see which ones are mine. I just can't help myself. This year the kid in me was looking for a particular shaped box...a Guitar Hero World Tour box to be exact. I knew it wouldn't be under dad's tree. I love him but he doesn't understand my love for such games and thinks they are a waste of money. That's okay because I have the life changing gift of TiVo under his tree. I haven't seen a box big enough under mom's tree either but am hopeful it might appear for my birthday.

With or without Guitar Hero...I absolutely love the anticipation of Christmas. Lots of good stuff under the tree, lots of good food on the table. And this year I plan to spend most of the day in my PJ's...hopefully behind a drum set :) I am even attempting to make homemade cinnamon rolls Christmas morning.

I hope this Holiday Season finds the kid in you! Have a very Merry Christmas and I pray that 2009 holds nothing but blessings for all of those who follow this blog!

No comments:

FRIENDS