Monday, December 29, 2008

Thirty One and Having Fun!!

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I have absolutely loved being 30 so 31 was not a hard birthday for me to embrace, unlike some of my friends. I wanted to bring in 31 in style. My dad, Scotty and my sister and I spent the day in Atlanta seeing the sights. I can honestly say I have never been up so early on my birthday before, at least not since I can remember. We headed out of town around 6:30am and our first stop was the Georgia Aquarium. It was great fun but we were all a little disappointed because we thought it was going to be so much better than the Tennessee Aquarium. It was fun none the less. Here are some pictures from the aquarium:


first picture of the day and first picture at 31...I don't think I look any older!

jellyfish....cool from behind the glass, not so cool when they sting you in the ocean

the Muslim dauphin (Teri)

the retarded shark (me)

Then is was on the World of Coca-Cola museum. I have been a long long time ago but it has changed quite a bit. You get to see how coke is made and view all the past logos and stuff. It was fun to me....I mean come on, coke is the number one most recognizable name brand in the world. Highlight of the day was probably getting to sit on the couch from American Idol Season 4. I love that show! The tour also included a 4D movie experience that was a lot of fun. At the end of the tour you got to go to the tasting room and try 64 different varieties of coke from around the world. I wasn't brave enough to try them all but the ones I tasted weren't too bad. They had a special holiday blend that was chocolate mint flavored and I LOVED IT!! I wish they would bottle that for sale. I also got a bottle of coke as I was leaving that was made and bottled on my birthday. Cool ugh? I thought so...

Me and my pops just chillin on the American Idol couch

Last but not least was a little walk through downtown Atlanta's Underground mall. I got a homemade peanut butter cup from a fudge shop. Honestly I think Reese's does them better. I also took a little time out to take some pictures with a random statue on the street. I have managed to keep my blog kid friendly but some times you just have to be true to yourself so I am finally going to post an "inappropriate" but funny picture from my birthday adventure...

this is me and my new friend


this is my dad and Scotty


I had a FABULOUS birthday and hope it's just a sign of what is to come this year. Thanks for making it a great one! I loved my road trip and all the birthday calls, text messages and facebook messages I received. I felt very loved. THANKS!! Here's to looking forward to year 31!

No comments:

FRIENDS