Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas REMIX


Twas weeks before Christmas and all through the apartment all the creatures were stirring...ESPECIALLY THE MOUSE!!!

So this morning started off like most mornings but quickly became more of an adventure than I bargained for. I got up and let Matti out to take care of her business. When she came back in I settled into the couch with my oatmeal to ease into this fine Wednesday. Not long after I sat down Matti joined me, which is her usual routine when I am on the couch and especially when I am eating.(see previous post). Suddenly she began digging in the corner of the couch. Again, this is not unusual. Sometimes her bones or toys get stuck in the crack and she digs until she gets them or until she gets spanked for digging and I get them out for her. This morning she was digging with much more intensity than usual and my spanking her was not enough incentive for her to stop. I pulled back the cushion just enough to see another fury little critter who was also struggling to wake up this morning. For those of you who don't know, I have had quite the mouse problem lately. This little guy that my carnivorous dog had now trapped was lucky or not so lucky #11. Gross ugh? He had obviously gotten into the poison I had out because he was not on his "A" game when it came to escaping. I would like to say at this point that I courageously grabbed him by the tail and disposed of him but NO. I called on my next door neighbor and early morning hero, Eric, to come get the mouse. Before Eric arrived the little guy did get a second wind and made a run for it and sadly enough I almost demolished my Christmas tree trying to run from him. Matti stopped him though and slung him around a little bit before Eric put us all out of our misery.

Our ladies Bible study group talked about hospitality yesterday but this is one thing I can honestly say is NOT WELCOME IN MY HOME. I hope all his friends got the hint when he didn't come back this morning and they will stay the heck away!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Girl! Oh my goodness, that is horrible. I totally feel your pain. We have a great Orkin man if you're interested!

FRIENDS