Monday, June 7, 2010

Now that is good stuff...

So I am going to venture away from weight loss news and Uganda updates for one blog entry to share with you some "coffee for my soul"....

I've been settling into the couch the last few nights with a great cup of Community pecan praline coffee with southern pecan creamer and quite an amazing book. I attended a Beth Moore simulcast almost two months ago and picked the book up there and have just now had time to dig my teeth into it. I'll be honest...I've never jumped on the Beth Moore bandwagon of daily bible studies she writes because I am honest with myself to know I will never finish them. You have to be incredibly dedicated and have three hours to spend daily working through the material. Okay, so three hours may be a stretch but not too much of one. Anywho...though I have only done one of her studies, I have quickly fallen in love with the utter transparency she has poured out in her latest book So Long Insecurity, You've Been A Bad Friend to Us!



If you haven't seen it on the shelves or heard about it I would encourage you to check it out. Given the title of the book I wouldn't blame you if you bought it online (Amazon.com has it on sale right now)...what woman with insecurity issues wants to carry that book title to the counter. If you do...I promise there is great freedom and healing coming your way.

Here is just an exert from the chapter I read tonight that was too good not to share!

"God Himself formed human emotions. He knows how easily the heart can be broken. The mind can be marred. He knows life hurts...because people hurt...and then hurt people. He also know the resilience with which He made us and the innate capacity within each one of us to be restored. Remade. He knows we are capable of loving even when we feel unloved because He loves us enough to cover those who don't. He knows we are not nearly as fragile as we think we are, but we will act like who we believe ourselves to be. He knows we have the capacity to be astoundingly extraordinary, and not just in spite of where we've been, but BECAUSE of it."

"God knows we're insecure. But we do not need to be. And He will not leave well enough alone. He has enough security for both of us, and for those of us who call Christ Savior, He slipped His own secure Spirit within our simple jars of clay. It is within you to be secure, dear one. Do you hear what I am saying to you? You have it in you!"

No cup of coffee taste as sweet as those words right there. God knows all of my fears, failures and insecurities and has made a way to release me from them. Praise the Lord!

All that to say....check out the book ladies...you won't be disappointed!

One prayer request as I close though...I had two of my shots today for Uganda and they hurt so bad and have left me feeling yucky and achy this afternoon and evening. Pray that this passes quickly.

1 comment:

The Groves said...

I guess I'm secure enough to admit that I have that book :) My girlfriends and I have been going through it with Beth's blog and it is truly life-changing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have

FRIENDS