Monday, June 28, 2010

team verse

In my training manual as the team leader it was suggested that we have a team verse and memorize it together and focus on it throughout the trip. I have been thinking about what that verse should be...I mean seriously, there are so many promises in God's Word...so many ways He has shown His faithulness. Something kept drawing me back to Ephesians 3:18-21...these verses have resonated with me for a long long long time.

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish inifinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

I pray that each of us on the team will truly begin to grasp just how overwhelming our Father's love for us is....and that He longs to fill us with his fullness so that we are not lacking power for anything he calls us to do. I have big hopes for this trip and I get a little teary to think that my hopes and dreams for this trip don't even compare to what God has in store for me...for us.I pray he opens our eyes and our hearts so we don't miss it! Praise be to the CREATOR of the universe for making himself known to us and working in and through us. I can't wrap my mind around that...honestly!

I meet my team tomorrow and I am quite excited!

Update on the river kayaking trip: I had a blast going kayaking on Saturday. I've never kayaked before and I love it. I did have one minor mishap where I flipped my kayak going down a rapid backwards. I have a battle wound to show for my adventure but nothing that won't heal in time. If I didn't live in Louisiana where all waters are gator infested...and if I hadn't watched so many episodes of RIVER MONSTERS I might would consider buying a kayak.

1 comment:

nic said...

Eeck! Excited for you! And have to tell you that vs. 14-21 have been my 'life verses' for a loooong time. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! Praying for you kabes!

Nic

FRIENDS