Sunday, June 6, 2010

UGANDA update

Let me just say a big THANK YOU to all my blog readers and prayer warriors out there. Plans for the trip are progressing nicely. I am beside myself with excitement ready to go. There are only a few things left standing in my way as the clock is ticking down to our departure time. Here are some things you can pray with me about in the weeks to come...

1. PRAISE that my passport has arrived!

2. This week I will be getting all my shots for the trip. Who knew you had to have so many shots to go to Africa :) Please pray that my body responds well to the shots and that I raise enough support to help cover the cost of the shots. Our immunizations for the trip were not included in the amount we had to raise and unfortunately they will run each team member almost $500 (the Lord is faithful!)

3. I am still raising support for the trip. PRAISE that so many have sacrificed for me to serve the Lord in Africa...THANK YOU! Pray that all the people who have received my support letter will do one of two things...GIVE...and/or PRAY FOR MORE SUPPORTERS! I am getting really close to having all my support. What a confirmation from the Lord that HE has provided this opportunity!

4. This week two of my team members have backed out for various reasons. Please pray that the additional five members of this team would rest assured knowing God has lead them to this team and will provide for them financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Pray that Satan would in no way get a foothold on this team or be allowed to stir doubts or fears in our hearts. PERFECT LOVE CAST OUT ALL FEAR.

5. Pray that I would be sensitive to the Lord's leading in my life as I prepare to lead this team. It's kind of scary leading a team somewhere you have never been. I don't know what to expect but I trust that the Lord has gone before us, will be with us and will come behind us in all the work we do there. Pray that I would be selfless and attentive to what my team needs from me as we serve together.

Thank you again for your constant support and encouragement...you will never know how much it means to me. Keep praying for my discipline in weightloss as I continue to press on toward my goal of losing 50lbs before the trip. Reality is that I will not be able to lose 50 since I am only at 20lbs and have three weeks until we leave...BUT, I am so proud of how far I have come, how strong I am getting every day and how good I feel...that is just as great as reaching that first goal...AND IT WILL COME!

No comments:

FRIENDS