Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I feel like I should start with the most obvious thing first on this gloomy Thursday...

I am thankful that Pineville managed to elude Hurricane Isaac. We were expected to get pounded from the hurricane and so on Monday afternoon our administration decided to cancel school starting Tuesday morning until next Tuesday after Labor day. Not only am I thankful for an unexpected week off work to get some things done around the apartment...including required reading assignments for my home study. Not only has the time off been productive but Isaac took an east bound turn and all we got was minor wind and rain. I lost power for about 6 hours but it was a fluke thing with a limb that fell when it was sprinkling. Praise the Lord we were spared but I am praying for all those who were not so lucky. On the 7th anniversary of Katrina our new friend Isaac tried showing off.

I am thankful for the required readings I have been assigned for my home study...even though its a good bit I am learning a lot and being forced to think through issues that I might not otherwise thought about until I was thrust in the middle of a parenting "crisis".

During our "hurication" I spent our first afternoon off exploring some local hotspots in Alexandria with Jodi and Christian. We had lunch at Kitchen Warehouse (super yummy) that specializes in pressed sandwiches and sweet potatoe chips. The highlight of my meal was the new soda I tried..Brown's Black Cherry soda...hmmm!
Right next door to Kitchen Warehouse is Atwood's Bakery....they've been featured on the show Cupcake Wars on the Food Network if that gives you any indication how yummy their treats are. Christian and Jodi had never been there so we decided to have dessert. I got banana pudding gelato and though this is not helping my weightloss journey it sure did a lot for my soul.
so all that to say I am thankful for good friends, fun adventures and delicious local treats!!

I'm thankful for the bag of donated clothes I got from a friend/co-worker of little girl clothes. Daizy now has clothes in her closet. And my personal favorite shirt is the "I love my dog" shirt...let's hope thats a true statement.

Hope you can find many things to be thankful for this Thursday!



No comments:

FRIENDS