Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Man's Best Friend....I Think Not!



















I've been contemplating this lately.....the saying that a dog is man's best friend and diamonds are a girl's best friend. Now don't get me wrong, I can't wait for a good man to put a rock on my finger! But, to say that a diamond is a girl's best friend is quite a stretch. And to be so gender specific to say that a dog is man's best friend...I THINK NOT because I have a canine that lives at my house that I love dearly.

I wanted to take this opportunity to let all those who read this blog meet a very important "person" in my life. I am the proud owner/mommy of a year and a half old boxer named Matti. I came up with the name Matti because it is the female version of Matthew which means "gift from God." Now before you question my theology about God's gifts just know that this dog was a blessing in my life at the time she came into it. I was tired of living by myself in a small town and the joy that her puppy dog face brought can't even be described. Matti has enough personality for about three dogs and she wears her emotions on her sleeve. Who knew a dog could pout and make you feel guilty? For now she truly is the love of my life! There is no one in my life that gets more excited to see me walk through the door than this dog....so excited in fact that her whole body shakes. Now that's LOVE! And nothing is funnier than watching her stick her heads through the blinds when I leave until my car is out of sight.

With all that said....everyone meet Matti....this girl's best friend! (not literally so please don't be offended if you fall into the human friend category)

No comments:

FRIENDS