Sunday, September 14, 2008

Unexplained Passions

So I discovered today that I am passionate about something which I have zero control over and yet it controls me tremendously. Whats that you ask? College football...more specifically, Auburn football. I know its ridiculous and yet I love it. I love the game...I love seeing those boys take the field in their white pants and blue jersies...I love the cheers, especially the ones with cursing. I love college football plain and simple and life seems lacking when the season comes to an end. I unashamedly admit this only hours removed from watching my Auburn Tigers STRUGGLE to pull out a 3 to 2 win over Mississippi State. Thats right....3-2 because Auburn got a holding penalty called on them in the end zone giving Mississippi State a whopping 2 points. Talk about your disappointing game. Its a rare occasion that Auburn is televised in Louisiana so this was a big day for me to finally see my boys play on TV. By the time the game was over I had a headache the size of Hurricane Ike from the stress and with very little pleasure all I could think was "a win is a win!"

The only thing good that will come out of this ridiculous game is that some Auburn season ticket holder will want to escape the embarrassment that next weeks game against LSU will be and I will score some free tickets to the game. I still havent given up hope that the Auburn Tigers will pull out the win and I want to be there to see it.

No comments:

FRIENDS