Monday, September 29, 2008

A New Addiction




I have a confession to make....I have a new addiction! Ever since I was in college and seminary I haven't had time to be a big TV watcher and I haven't felt like I was missing out on anything. Occasionally I will follow a season of American Idol but that is the extent of my TV watching outside of SEC football. However, my group of friends recently decided to watch the HEROES series on DVD. The 3rd season kicked off this past week so they had a marathon of watching season one and two to get ready. Nothing about the process appealed to me to be honest. I've missed out on some great bonding time as they have all piled up at Billy and Elizabeth's every night to watch several episodes. Over the weekend Angie convinced me that I needed to watch the show. As she explained it..."it's comic book and science fiction for people who don't like comic books and science fiction." After watching one episode I was hooked. I watched the first episode on Saturday night at about 10:30pm and the next thing I knew it was almost 2am and I was three episodes into the show. The following morning I got up at 6:30am to let Matti out which is our usual routine. After letting her out and feeding her I usually go back to bed until its time for me to get up for church but not this Sunday morning. I looked at the clock and thought " I can watch two shows and still be ready for church on time." After church I went to the grocery store and then came home and settled into the couch for the day. In less than 24 hours I have now watched 16 episodes. I am almost done with season one and because of the writer's strike season two isn't very long. Before you know it I will be caught up and ready to watch the new season! If they discontinue this show after this season I am going to be so mad!

No comments:

FRIENDS