Friday, September 26, 2008

Taste of Louisiana


Well I promised to keep you updated on my progress in our cake decorating class so here it is. I must first admit that in true fashion with my personality type I tried to wing it on making my icing and should have read the directions a little more thoroughly. I didn't add enough of the ingredient that makes the icing get stiff so the icing on the actual cake was a little soft. All in all I was able to salvage my first real masterpiece. I wasn't thrilled with the main color the way it turned out but it tasted really good. I tried the recommendation of our instructor and used chocolate pudding as a filler....it was a hit!

I quickly realized that Elizabeth and I were the over achievers when it came to our first cake designs. Everyone else did the design in the book but that wasn't good enough for this girl. However, my over achieving quickly vanished when it came time to make roses because I couldn't do it. Here's to trying and two more weeks of class to perfect it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

FRIENDS