Monday, November 10, 2008

An Eventful Weekend

We had quite an eventful weekend in our neck of the woods. Friday night we went to Colfax for the Pecan Festival and though there weren't any pecans to be had there certainly was gator on a stick and funnels cakes. We had our fair share of fair food before riding the rides. I will tell you....my equilibrium is not what it used to be. One spinning ride and I was down for the count. Even worse is that I woke up sore the next morning from where my muscles were flexed the whole time I was riding. The joys of getting older.

On Saturday we hosted our annual Dad's Day at Louisiana College. We usually have Dad's Day in the spring but with the opening of our new football stadium we decided to have Dad's Day in the fall with a big tailgate party and a football game. It was also senior day so there was lots to celebrate that day. LC won their game with a final score of 29-7. GO WILDCATS! We are undefeated on our new field and have our first winning season in over forty years.

On Sunday Elizabeth and I joined all the other women in the Pineville/Alexandria area for the Christmas open house hosted by all the boutiques in town. We ended our fun day of adventure with a trip to Chuck E Cheese with Billy, Quinn and the kids. The place was packed for a random Sunday evening but by the time we got finished eating we pretty much had the place to ourself to spend our 5 bazillion tokens that Billy bought.

Yay for a fun (and exhausting weekend). We ended the night with "mouse proofing" my house now that I have caught 10 mice in a weeks time. UGHHH....thanks Billy and Quinn!

Here are some pictures from the football game. You will have to check out Billy and Elizabeth's blog for pictures from the Pecan Festival.



Bailey taking a load off and enjoying life from her stroller.


Jesse enjoying everything but the game


me and the LC mascot, Alex the Wildcat

No comments:

FRIENDS