Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We Survived Day ONE

Just to give you some insight into the title of this entry, my friends Billy and Elizabeth left last night to go to Maui for their five year anniversary. I volunteered to keep their precious kids while they are gone. I have officially taken on the role of fun Aunt Kabes to Bailey (2 1/2) and Jesse (1). Dinner, bath and bedtime went well last night. To ease some tears of the initial shock of mommy and daddy leaving, Bailey got to take a bath in mommy's big tub. She also got the promise of something she loves....a milkshake. After getting to sleep in this morning (sleeping in being 7:30am) we ate breakfast and colored turkey pictures.The first thing Bailey said when she woke me up this morning was "I want a milkshake!" After Jesse woke up from his morning nap we took a trip to Target and to the mall for lunch. Yummy Chic-fil-A! We all had chicken nuggets and fries and then Bailey got her promised milkshake. Apparently they only have one size, which is 20 oz. and she drank the whole thing. After lunch and a stroll around the mall it was time to head home for a nap. Both kiddos slept for two hours so I snagged a nap as well and then we made a quick trip to Michael's to make use of some coupons we found in the paper. After we got home it was dinner time so I cooked a taco ring and refried beans. Surprisingly enough Bailey ate all her dinner. Jesse is always a good eater so it was no shock he ate a whole bowl of beans and a piece of taco ring (we'll probably regret the beans tomorrow!). Now we are just playing before bedtime.

This update is really for Elizabeth's sake so that she can enjoy her vacation having seen evidence that her children are alive and well. I even used my kid filter today so that Bailey didn't learn any new words she shouldn't know. YES! I have a kid filter Elizabeth. The pictures below are just of Bailey but I promise Jesse is still here and kicking. Pictures coming soon of the little guy.




This is Bailey's version of helping set the table. We didn't have 20 dinner guests but if we had there was a plate for all of them.


Bailey enjoying her chocolate milkshake!

No comments:

FRIENDS