Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Month of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday! You get all the good eats and family time as you do at Christmas without the pressure to buy the perfect gift! I also love that its the lead into the Christmas season so everyone is cheery and anxious for all the things that the Christmas season brings.

Because of my love for Thanksgiving I have taken the time every year to make a list of at least 50 things I am thankful that happened during the course of the year. This list is usually in my journal so no one gets to see it. Now that I have entered the blog world I figured it was time to share my thankfulness with all those who follow.

(this is no particular order so please don't get offended where you fall in the rank)

1. That Matti has had a year of good health (my wallet is thankful too)
2. That Billy, Elizabeth, Bailey and Jesse moved to Pineville
3. That my mom celebrated her 60th birthday this year
4. That I got to escape with the girls to the beach over spring break
5. That I got to go to Hawaii to work FUGE again this summer
6. That I got to explore Maui with two great friends
7. That I finally got serious about getting healthy....thanks Rob
8. That I got a raise at work
9. That I have reconnected with long lost friends via facebook
10. That I got to take an unexpected trip home after the hurricane
11. That we all survived the hurricane with minimal damage
12. For the friends who stayed with me at the dorms during the hurricane to manage the choas.....ERIC, ANDREW, BILLY, AMY...I could never say thank you enough!
13. For almost a year of living with Amy....what a great roommate
14. That I got a wii and all the entertainment it has brought into the apartment
15. That I finally caught one of the mice that has been ransacking my pantry
16. The trip to the SPA with Elizabeth
17. The many pedicures I have had at Tracy's nails this year
18. Another year of living and working in the same place with Eric and Lauren
19. A great RA Staff
20. The opportunity to speak at Girl's Opportunity Camp....Irain you changed my life
21. For the surprise birthday party Amy and Alana threw for my 30th birthday
22. That LC got to play at HOME for homecoming
23. That Residence Life won the homecoming parade
24. The Brandon and Mindy are about to expand their family...yay baby Bijoux
25. That the Lord is teaching me a valuable lesson about football through the terrible season Auburn is having
26. For a great relationship with my sister Teri
27. For the new chair my dad and Scotty found at a yard sale
28. For my new iPhone
29. For getting to watch all my friends babies grow up on facebook
30. For new friendships...Angie, Bart, Denise, Cory, Billy, Elizabeth...just to name a few
31. For the right to vote and all the friends who made me realize the importance of it....Jen and Elizabeth
32. For having favor with the administration of LC
33. For my family
34. For good coffee and diet dr. pepper
35. For the opportunity to invest in the lives of college students
36. more to come......

No comments:

FRIENDS