Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Signs of the Promise Land


There are a few things that I get excited about when I make the seven and half hour road trip from Pineville to Birmingham. Gas stations with crushed ice fountain drinks, Chick-fil-A that doesn't require me to go into the mall to eat and drive thru STARBUCKS! Amazingly enough Clinton, MS...home of Mississippi College, has all three on one exit. I was also a bit excited by the falling gas prices on this holiday adventure home.

I must share of my funniest travel adventure this go around. Matti is such a great travel companion. She never has to go to the bathroom, she doesn't eat or drink and she doesn't have an opinion about the music we listen to. Really the only time you know she is in the car is when you go over a bridge because it freaks her out. Well I discovered something else that freaks her out...the car wash! I stopped at a gas station and fill up and without thinking pushed the button to purchase a car wash. The minute I got back into the car I knew this was a mistake but wasn't about to waste my money. Needless to say if ever want to cause a dog to have a nervous breakdown put them in the car and take them through the car wash. Matti was happily laying in the back but that quickly turned to pacing the back and hunkering down. She tried to get down behind my seat but when she was unsuccessful she jumped into the floorboard of the front seat and just whined. It was hilarious to watch and the only thing I regret is that I wasn't able to capture it on video. Here are the few pictures I managed to snap.

The calm for the storm...aka the car wash


Matti hunkered down in the back


Matti hunkered down in the floorboard

No comments:

FRIENDS