Tuesday, July 31, 2012

wind in my sails

So this adoption just got really real yesterday. I had my first conversation with the social worker in preparation for my home study. To say that this lady is a God send is an understatement. She instantly made me feel at ease about the whole process. She let me know that we would laugh together and cry together and by the end we would feel like family. No doubt God has uniquely gifted her to create that kind of atmosphere!

Together we are going into uncharted waters. She has never done a private adoption and this will be the first from Acres of Hope. There are so many unknowns going into this process. God has been blowing me away with his provision and affirmation through this process but my conversation with A (I will refer to her by a letter for her sake)yesterday was the first time I've had the wind knocked out of my sails. She told me right up front not to start the process with a time frame in mind...this would only cause frustration in the end. Well too late for that. She prepared me for the long haul and that realistically we should look to have Daizy home this time next year. I literally heard the air deflating from my chest. NEXT YEAR???

After a long walk, some time in the Word and praying I know that God is in control of this whole process....not me, not A, not the US or the Ugandan govenment...but God. His time is perfect and I am trusting that at the right time all the paperwork and finances will fall into place to bring Daizy home.

Nothing was a better reminder of that truth than coming home just hours after that phone call to two wonderful presents in my mailbox. My dear friend Becca whom I met in Uganda and who sponsors Daizy sent me this piece of artwork to hang in Daizy's room (the perfect colors I might add)...
Thanks Becca! It's already framed and in Daizy's room.

The other surprise was this charm that I ordered on Wednesday of last week. It wasn't suppose to arrive for 6 weeks but it came on the day that I needed a sweet reminder that God is the author of time.

I promised to share the good and the bad. To be honest this blog is for my sake more than for anyone else. Just this morning I was reading back through old post and tearing up at how the Spirit has been active in my life and there is no other place I would rather be. So with deflated sails or sails full...I'm sailing on today.

And a quick shout out to my dear friend Jodi who designed the letter head for me that my support letters are going to be printed on. The new picture on the blog at the top is on the letter head and I love it. I asked her to include the phrase "and then came Daizy" because that is what I am affectionately titling this chapter of my life. A sweet interruption to "my" plans....and then came Daizy. Thanks Jodi!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Praying for you during this season. It won't be easy, you'll get upset, you'll be anxious, you'll be downright mad and sad all at the same time, the enemy is going to test you something fierce. But trust in Him. This is good for today to know that nothing happens that God hasn't orchestrated. We have been on such a roller coaster with the adoption process and this is a good reminder that we just have to wait and be patient and have faith knowing that EVERYTHING is in His hands. I just want to encourage you too though to enjoy this journey as hard as it will be sometimes. I know you're keeping this blog and it will be such a good reminder for you and Daizy both sometime down the road of just how God worked in both of you during this. I read in a book somewhere that God DOES give us more than we can handle because that's when we surrender to Him and that's when He's glorified.

FRIENDS