Friday, July 6, 2012

UGANDA 2012

I don't even know where to start in telling about this trip. I guess the best place to start is with saying it was the best trip so far. The team I got to travel with was simply the best....not to say I haven't had great teams before but in all my years of traveling this one was unique. No doubt that God brought all 8 of us together and just getting to spend time with them and get to know them better was truly one of the highlights of the trip for me. The other thing that set this trip apart was spending time with the same kids everyday and not just any kids....but the kids who live at Acres of Hope. Three years ago I went on a vision trip to talk about the dreams of a god fearing pastor in Uganda...who knew that three years later I will still be traveling at least once a year to Nebbi and actually see that dream come true. It was absolutely one of the best moments of my life to drive on to the property and see houses with children living in them. God is so good and I am so thankful to have been just a small part of such an amazing place. We got to spend everyday just working around Acres of Hope doing chores, organizing supplies and loving on kids. For the first time in all my trips I honestly could have stayed another month without missing a beat and thats saying alot since I lived in the same clothes for two weeks. I feel like I had a true afrian experience this go around when my luggage never arrived. That's a story for another day. I did want to take a minute just to check in an share a few pictures. As I continue to process I will post more so stay tuned.
Reunited with Whit in Uganda. We met there last year in March on a trip and got the chance to spend a few days there together this year. Kindred spirits.
Sweet Daizy!
the magic of bubbles
loving on Angel....it was easy to do.
my favorite Ugandan trying hard to avoid having his picture taken
sad goodbyes.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

AHHH!!! I have got to do a Uganda post soon...I'm so behind! Thank you for sharing though. I would like to say I'll see you soon, but it probably won't be until we're in Uganda again together which I love saying!

FRIENDS