Monday, October 1, 2012

only me...

Do you ever have one of those days where you quickly realize you were better off just staying in bed? Well Thursday was that day for me. I woke up around 3am not feeling well. When the alarm went off just a few hours later the last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed and go teach CC100 (student orientation class). To make matters worse we were talking about the student handbook that morning....because everyone gets up on a dreary Thursday morning saying "man I can't wait to learn about the handbook!" #saidnooneever

Unfortunately there isn't really a back up plan if you're sick for CC100 because no one can step in and teach the material and if you cancel class then that group of students just doesn't get the material. Needless to say I got up and got ready to teach class only because the plan was to come home immediately after class and go back to bed.

Before class started that morning I went to use the restroom and that's when it was confirmed I should have just stayed home...
As I was walking into the stall my jacket pocket got caught on the latch to the stall so when I turned to lock the stall door my pocket pulled the door quickly towards me. Unfortunately the hook for your purse was at eye level and so I poked myself in the eye pretty violently. In fact...it startled me more than it hurt me but it just kind of took my breath away. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN...seriously??? Only me!

Worry not....no black eye, eyeball is still in tact but I can assure you I will not be using that stall again!


No comments:

FRIENDS