Monday, October 15, 2012

@TheEllenShow

Never a dull moment in my world.

On Thursday morning I saw a tweet from @TheEllenShow saying that if you wanted to win tickets to see Taylor Swift on the Ellen Show then email TayloronEllen@gmail.com
I immediately took a screen shot and sent it to my friend Andrew Bates who LOVES Taylor Swift. Andrew sent an email to win tickets, but I got to thinking "now Ellen loves a good story" so I decided to email as well and tell them about how much Andrew loves TSwift. I was shameless. I told her how he taught orphans in Uganda how to sing her songs and had their dream date planned out. I even included pictures and asked Ellen to make this college seniors dreams come true.

After I sent my email I decided to send a tweet out from my student activities account telling the freshmen in Andrew's welcome week group to email the address on his behalf. Within 24 hours about 40 people had either emailed or tweeted to tell Ellen to pick him for the show.

While sitting in the office on Friday afternoon addressing postcards for Mom's Weekend, Andrew checked his phone and just said "oh my goodness"....and I asked what was wrong. Andrew said "we just won tickets to see Taylor Swift." I didn't believe him until I read the email myself. Unfortunately we had tickets to see TSwift on the Ellen Show but no way of getting there.

Since Friday we, and by we I mean numerous friends and students, have been blowing up Ellen's twitter trying to get her and Taylor to fly us to the show Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed! I am choosing to believe that Ellen is going to call me today.

It all started with a hope of getting Andrew to meet Taylor Swift but now it's become an obsession for me to meet Ellen and tell her Daizy's story. If anyone could help get my sweet girl home it's Ellen (or Oprah).

1 comment:

Taylor said...

tweeted Ellen for you! And speaking of Daizy's story, I would love to hear it one day. : )

FRIENDS