Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Breaking All the Rules

So for any of you who know me well you know that I have quite a few quirky rules that I live by. I try not to impose these rules on others but I live by them myself. One in particular has to do with the celebration of holidays. It is against the "rules" to decorate for another holiday before the previous one has passed. Simply put....you cannot decorate for Christmas, which includes putting up the tree, hanging outside lights and even listening to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. I don't know why this is such a big deal to me but it is. Honestly, one of my favorite road trips all year is when I have come home for Thanksgiving and am getting ready to head back to wherever I am living at the time because its the first time I break out all my Christmas music. The drive from Birmingham back to Pineville is filled with 7 hours of Christmas pleasure!

Well as of yesterday, October 27th...I have officially begun listening to Christmas music. I couldn't help myself! Shane and Shane released their new Christmas CD and its phenomenal. It's one of those CDs I will probably listen to year round. So I sincerely apologize to all my previous roommates (Amy especially) and friends (Jason Kees) who I threw a tantrum around when you tried to play Christmas music in November because in my world right now IT'S BEGINNING TO SOUND A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

FRIENDS