Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stuck Between a Rock and Hard Place

I think for all who know me its clear how much I love Auburn football and this season has truly been a heart breaker. We hired Tony Franklin at the end of last season as the offensive coordinator to run a spread offense. I will admit that watching them play with a spread offense makes me a nervous wreck and obviously we haven't faired well this season offensively. In four games we have a total of five touchdowns...thats sad. I am not sure how we only have two losses but when you play in the SEC the mentality is WE DON'T LOSE...period. Many a good coach has a short lived career for not putting up W's. Add to that list Tony Franklin who we "relieved of his coaching duties" today. Part of me is relieved the other thinks "oh crap" how do you let a coach go in the middle of the season. For Auburn, I think we were stuck between a rock and a hard place and Tuberville did what he thought was best. With a lot of anxiousness I will stand behind our coach and I am and always will be PROUD TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!



No comments:

FRIENDS