Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Good Getaway

Our trip to Arkansas was well worth it. Elizabeth and I headed out Friday morning and took our time getting to Mt. Ida, AR. We stopped for a few hours at the Boardwalk in Shreveport and got a little shopping done. I am happy to say that as of October 10th I have purchased my first Christmas present, yay! After our shopping adventure we headed north and finally arrived at Mountain Harbor around 6pm. I just want to take this time to say that direction websites and GPS systems make me crazy. We had Billy and Elizabeth's trusty GPS which I affectionately call Rita as well as yahoo directions I printed and mapquest directions that Elizabeth printed and oddly enough all three were different! Ugh.

Nevertheless, we arrived safely and ready for a relaxing weekend. We started with a fun adventure when some random man walked up in our room. Needless to say we kept the door bolted after that. We took in a good chick flick and then were off to bed on rock hard mattresses. The irony of having hard mattresses at a spa and resort. After sleeping late, which was so nice, we were off for a morning hike around the lake. As if I didnt know the difference between a "thinker" (Elizabeth) and "feeler" (KB) personality, never was it more obvious than when we witnessed a baby duck drown in the lake. The rest of the morning I kept saying, "I just need to believe that the duck came up somewhere and we didnt see it...he's still alive." To which Elizabeth quickly responded, "the duck's dead!" Fun times! After our hike and lunch we were off to get our full body massages...THANK YOU LORD! That pretty much wrapped up Saturday with the exception of a new card game Elizabeth taught me and them repeatedly killed me at. Then Sunday morning it was home bound. What a great girl's getaway!

The view from our back porch.


This is me at one of our rest stops on our hike.



Elizabeth and her new friend, Tanto.

No comments:

FRIENDS