Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beside Himself

So for those of you who have been around to experience me falling down the stairs in my own apartment or dislocating my hips playing softball, you're about to get a small glimpse into where my luck comes from. I have mentioned in several blog posts how much of a spitting image I am of my dad...the good, the bad, the misfortune!

Dad...I'm sorry but I can't resist sharing this story.

So my dad was heading on a camping adventure yesterday and while driving down the interstate in his RV with his truck in tow noticed in the side mirror that his truck was coming up beside him on the shoulder. I'm not sure there is ever a time where being "beside yourself" is a good scenario...but I am 100% positive that this is NOT GOOD! Luckily dad was driving through a construction zone so his speed wasn't that high and he had a safety chain on that kept the truck from getting away from him completely. Praise the Lord for quick thinking under pressure. Dad slowed down and pulled over and let the truck collide into the back of the RV. Thank goodness for low mounted spare tires that buffer the collision. Fortunately no damage was done to the RV or the truck.

Dad and Scotty were being followed by some friends who were in their own RV and I am not sure which is worse....being in dad's position realizing your vehicle is loose or being the vehicle following behind them watching all this happen. Never a dull a moment in the Thomas family!

I only wish I could attach a video of this whole incident...I could win money!!

No comments:

FRIENDS