Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 3: "inner strength"

So today was the day that I decided it was time to dig deep, push through and find that stronger woman I know is in there. Now don't get me wrong...I've always been driven and strong willed but it's time to dig even deeper to find a strenth I didn't even know I had. A strength that makes me take the stairs at work instead of the elevator even though it kills me. The strenth to take Matti for a walk after work when I know I still have a "for real" workout coming later. The strength to drink 128oz of water when I really wanted to stop at 32oz.

I've taken the things I have learned about myself from the Biggest Loser application process and let it fuel my desire to finally do this and I think that is what is going to make the difference. I've found mental toughness and determination. Granted...it's just day 3...but I'm feeling good and today when I woke up I can honestly say I'm at a 6 and ready for another brutal workout tonight with Hayden.

Funny story. Because of schedule conflicts we postponed field workouts last night so I went swimming again. One of my RAs Raven went with me and we had a blast. She taught me lots of new exercises in the water that were quite a kick in the butt. The best was the 100+ unintentional jump squats I did because there is this rope of flags hanging above the pool about five feet over the water in the shallow end and Raven decided she wanted to try to jump up and touch a flag. Well of course after she touched the flag...short squatty Kabes wanted to touch a flag. My first jump was about 2 feet short. So...I would squat, squat, squat and JUMP...and come up short. I did this for about 30 minutes but I finally touched the flag. I realized that jump squats aren't near as bad in the water, especially when you dont realize you're doing them. Yay for a fun workout and waking up less sore the next morning.

Thanks so much for all your encouragement thus far and for believing in me that I can see this journey through...it means the world to me to have your support!

No comments:

FRIENDS