Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cochon de Lait

So today was Cochon de Lait...one of my favorite events at LC. We host a family day for students and their parents and boil 3000lbs of crawfish. I have wholeheartedly embraced life in Louisiana when it comes to eating crawfish. I look forward to this event every year and could eat my weight in these little mudbugs!



The air is filled with great smells of crawfish boiling, roasted pig and dirty rice...so there is bound to be something for everyone. I don't waste room in my tummy with anything but those glorious crawfish but the pork did look yummy.



It's always entertaining to watch people eat crawfish because you have the people who have been eating them since they were born and can peel them super fast. I'm getting there but still jealous of these people. Then there are people like my friend Angie, who peel them slowly and then have to clean "everything" off of them and then smother them in ketchup to cover up the taste. Either way you see enjoyment on every face! Okay, so maybe not on Cory's face because he had just put a whole crawfish in his mouth, shell, claws and all to prove that he could eat them just as fast as the cajun folks at the table. For the extreme crawfish eater like my friend Austin, you must suck all the juices out of the head. I've tried it but it's too salty for my liking.






Aside from the food there was live entertainment, baggo...which Amy beat me at. How do you get beat by a pregnant woman in a game? After the festivities we headed to the softball game to see the Lady Wildcats take on and beat ETBU.





After taking in some of the game it was nap time in my world...chalk this up to a great Saturday!! Pictured below is Parker Robin who shares my thoughts on an afternoon nap!

No comments:

FRIENDS