Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 6: "step by every cursed step"

So today was the day I have been dreading for a week and a half. I knew it was coming at some point and unfortunately I ran into Hayden on Saturday and he told me that today was the day...we were running STADIUMS! There is a reason only athletes run those wretched things. I mean seriously, I sit on the first few rows at games for a reason and it's not just because I like being close to the field. Those steps are evil. See for yourself...

We went for our usual warm up run and I am getting further around the field without having to stop and walk. Before you know it I will be able to run that whole lap...praise the Lord! Then it was on to our other warm ups...lunges, high steps, etc...and then it was time to hit the stadium. I have had the poops all afternoon because I have been nervous about running stadiums. I started with gusto and that fire was put out real quick about half way up the first set of stairs. Up one set...down the next...up the next...down the next. And my legs are officially like jello. If it's not bad enough "running...aka panting as you hobble up" them, Hayden decided we needed to side step up the next set. I am quickly realizing just how uncoordinated I am. But side, cross, side, cross here we go up the next set and back down. And about the time I thought I had nothing left the little jerk pulls out the impossible. "Now I want you to hop up the next set." Seriously? both feet coming up at the same time means that I have to pull 280lbs into the air and up a step and then do it again 40 more times. KILL ME...but I did it..and then the rest of the workout my legs were shaking like leaves.

After stadiums it was on to general strength training...squats, squat jumps, high bar and low bars and oh the dreaded push ups. Now I really feel like moosh. But...I did it. Then it was on to running 110 yard sprints...the little evil troll. I honestly thought I wasn't going to be able to do them today but I did and I was determined not to stop running until my feet were in the end zone. BAM! I did it. I think Hayden is even figuring out how to push my buttons so that he can push me further than I think I can go. After we ran the first 110 yards he told me "good job" and then said I honestly expected you to walk it. And so what did I do...I ran 110 yards back. The little butthead is trying to beat me at my own game. Last thing for the day was abs and stretches and we were done.

It's just hours after my workout and I am feeling good. I can feel a difference already and though the pounds are only dropping 2 per week I can tell I am getting stronger. In the words of "Remember the Titans"...we want some mo...we want some mo!

I'll close out this post with introducing you to the dear soul who has been taking a lot of heat from three beat down chics. Hayden has been so gracious with us and pushes us without making us feel hated or abused. He knows when to give encouragement...he's golden and he has taken us on and is training us for free. I owe him big time and will be figuring out ways all summer to show my appreciation. Everyone meet Hayden and keep him in your prayers because I am sure us whiney weak (but getting stronger every day) women may be the death of him.

No comments:

FRIENDS