Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 7 and 8: "a new drive"

Well I survived running stadiums and woke up on Tuesday morning feeling great. I think Jenny might have been right when she told me that one day I would crave working out. It's slowly but surely starting to happen. I just feel good...I am wearing a shirt today that didn't fit two weeks ago. Not only does it fit but I have room to breath in it and when I sit the buttons don't buldge. LOVING LIFE!

So what has this week held so far. On Tuesday night I was on my own to workout because Sara and Angie went to Baton Rouge for the Hillsong United concert. This is when I knew I had to want this for me because no one was there to push me or make sure I went to workout. I went to the pool with a new determination...if I am going to lose 50lbs before going to Uganda on June 29th it's not going to come easy. I got in the pool determined to swim with a passion I have never had before. In less than an hour I had swam 50 single laps. Technically swimming down and back is a lap so I did 25 full laps...or 50 single laps. I would swim 10 and walk the pool, then swim 10 and walk the pool...over and over until I had finished all 50 to swim a mile total. The last 10 laps I swam I did with purpose and was determined to leave every ounce of myself in that pool. When I came up after the last lap I thought I was going to throw up...but I didn't.

Just for record...swimming hard like that the day after running stadiums is killer on the calves! My legs have a new hurt.

On Wednesday it was field workouts again with Hayden, only it's finals week and he had a test so once again it came down to my own drive to do this. Hayden told me to just stretch and do abs but I knew taking a day off was not going to help me get to 50lbs. When Sara got back from church we hit the field at 9:00pm and did a full Hayden workout on our own. In fact, we made ourselves do at least one or two more of each exercise than he would normally make us do. Are you ready for this? We willing ran stadiums (even hopped some) on our own. I'm so proud of us and today putting on my pink button up shirt felt good!

Losing 50lbs by June 29th is going to be a beast of a challenge but I am going to do my best. I have been trying to get to Africa for 10 years now and the door has finally opened wide...I want my discipline to match my passion and my gratitude for the Lord opening this door. If you've been following my blog and want to be part of my Uganda support group feel free to send me your email and address in my comments section or email me at kbthomas@lacollege.edu because I will be sending out support letters soon. I can't do the weightloss or the Uganda trip without your continued support. Thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement!

1 comment:

The Groves said...

KB, I love reading your blog and am encouraged by your determination and drive! Thank you for having the courage to share these challenges with us. Keep up the incredibly hard work!

FRIENDS