Sunday, January 16, 2011

dreaming up some new projects...

So I guess the best way to start this blog is by having a little confession time. Here goes... I, KB THOMAS, AM A COMPULSIVE REARRANGER! There I said it. I know it...the people who have lived with me and work with me and have been friends with me for more than one season know it. I love change...at least the kind I control. I love to rearrange my living room or bedroom or office quite often. I love the change and feel like it makes me more productive. It usually starts with the need for a good cleaning and before you know it the entire room is in disarray and furniture is being moved around. I can't help myself. If I go for a while without rearranging I get a little antsy and that is where I find myself this cold, rainy, Sunday afternoon. I want to change something and the itch has been to redo my middle bedroom and make it into a cozy office space. The obstacle: MONEY. I have it all laid out in my head what I want to do. I have the wall color picked out (most changes don't require paint but this one does), I have the material for the curtains picked out, I have an idea of how I want to build a desk and shelves to optimize the space for scrapbooking and writing. It's all in my head and I have sat in that room and envisioned it a thousand times already. One day I will have pics of the remodel but for right now it remains the catch all room. That may just be my gift to me after tax refunds come back.

I also have another pending project that WILL get done as soon as the rain stops coming down. There is a trash shed in the backyard of our apartment complex where everyone throws their trash. Our maintenance guys used to be really good about picking up the trash everyday but lately not so much. In fact, not only do they leave it for weeks at a time, they took almost all the actual trash cans out so it's just a big concrete slab to throw trash. Normally I wouldn't care enough to do something about this nasty problem but Matti has come to love the trash shed and digging for treasure in there. I've come to tweak the old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure"...now it's "one man's trash is my dog's treasure." I am not okay with this. She eats things that make her sick, she drags trash all over the yard and she has been waking me up at 3am wanting to go out and when I take her out to pee she makes a b-line for the trash. This has got to STOP! My solution...I am going to build a gate on the shed made of 2x4s and chicken wire. Ah la trash stays in, dog stays out. I've done the measurements and have enlisted help, now I am just waiting for the rain to stop. I will post pictures of my project when it's complete. Until then I leave you with a pic of the trash shed that I took this week.

1 comment:

nic said...

It's completely sad that YOU have to do this. I was constantly displeased with maintenance there.

FRIENDS